Vishwamitrasana (Sage Vishwamitra’s pose) is a part of the Advance yoga poses. It is mentioned in the book “Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha” by Swami Satyananda Saraswati that are designed to further improve the health of a person who is already very healthy.
How to do Vishwamitrasana – Sage Vishwamitra’s Pose In Yoga
- Stand upright with the anns by the sides and the feet together.
- Close the eyes and mentally relax the whole body.
- Open the eyes, slowly bend foiWard from the hips and place the palms on the floor beside the feet.
- Without moving the hands, take the legs back about 120 to 150 cm and rest the crown of the head on the floor with the buttocks raised.
- Raise the head, swing the right leg over the right hand and place the back of the right thigh on the back of the upper part of the right arm.
- The right foot should not touch the floor.
- Immediately, tum the body to the left, place the left ann along the left thigh and balance.
- Turn the left foot sideways and press the heel on the floor. Straighten the right leg.
- Stretch the left arm up vertically from the shoulder and gaze at the upstretched left hand.
- This is the final position. Hold for as long as is comfortable.
- Release the right leg and return to the starting position. Repeat the pose for the same length of time on the other side.
Breathing pattern while doing Vishwamitrasana – Sage Vishwamitra’s Pose In Yoga
- Inhale as the arm moves up. Exhale as the arm comes down.
Benefits of doing Vishwamitrasana – Sage Vishwamitra’s Pose In Yoga
- This asana stretches and tones the muscles of the arms and legs, and the sciatic nerves. It strengthens the internal organs, improves concentration and the sense of balance.
Advanced Yoga Poses Series
Advanced yoga poses take your yoga practice to the next level. If you’ve perfected beginner, and intermediate yoga poses, you can explore advanced yoga poses. The advanced poses should not be attempted unless the body is very flexible. Vishwamitrasana – Sage Vishwamitra’s Pose In Yoga is one of the yoga poses classified as advanced yoga poses.
Advanced Yoga Poses and perfecting them can make you an expert in Yoga asanas. Before attempting advanced yoga poses, it’s important to perfect yoga poses and sequences including Sun Salutation, Pawanmuktasana Series, Padmasana group of asanas, forward bending yoga poses, spinal twisting yoga poses, postures for meditation, inverted yoga poses, and balancing yoga poses.
Be mindful of all the precautions to take while doing these poses to avoid injury. It’s advised to learn these in presence of a trained instructor to make sure you do these properly.
List of Advanced Yoga Poses
- Poorna Bhujangasana – Full Cobra Pose In Yoga
- Koormasana – Tortoise Pose In Yoga
- Poorna Shalabhasana – Full Locust Pose In Yoga
- Poorna Dhanurasana – Full Bow Pose In Yoga
- Dhanurakarshanasana – Archer’s Pose In Yoga
- Prishthasana – Back Pose In Yoga
- Parighasana – Beam or Cross-bar pose In Yoga
- Chakrasana – Wheel Pose In Yoga
- Hanumanasana – Hanuman’s Pose In Yoga
- Brahmacharyasana – Celibate’s Pose In Yoga
- Grivasana – Neck Pose In Yoga
- Sirshapada Bhumi Sparshasana – Head And Foot Touching The Ground Pose In Yoga
- Poorna Matsyendrasana – Full Spinal Twist Pose In Yoga
- Mayurasana – Peacock Pose In Yoga
- Padma Mayurasana – Lotus Or Bound Peacock Pose In Yoga
- Moolabandhasana – Perineal Contraction Pose In Yoga
- Gorakshasana – Yogi Gorakhnath’s Pose In Yoga
- Astavakrasana – Eight-twists Pose In Yoga
- Vrischikasana – Scorpion Pose In Yoga
- Eka Pada Sirasana – One Foot To Head Pose In Yoga
- Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana – Standing Foot To Head Pose In Yoga
- Dwi Pada Sirasana – Two Feet To Head Pose In Yoga
- Dwi Pada Kandharasana – Two-Legged Shoulder Pose In Yoga
- Padma Parvatasana – Lotus Mountain Pose In Yoga
- Kashyapasana – Sage Kashyapa’s Pose In Yoga
- Vishwamitrasana – Sage Vishwamitra’s Pose In Yoga
We hope you found this article on Vishwamitrasana – Sage Vishwamitra’s Pose In Yoga useful. It covers how to do Vishwamitrasana – Sage Vishwamitra’s Pose In Yoga, the benefits of the pose, precautions while doing the yoga pose, and important notes for practitioners. You can check out other advanced yoga poses from the list mentioned above.
Articles related to Vishwamitrasana – Sage Vishwamitra’s Pose In Yoga
The following articles are recommended for you. Apart from these, do read The Basics of Yoga, and eight limbs of yoga.
Leave a Reply