Moolabandhasana (perineal contraction pose) is a part of the advanced group of asanas mentioned in the book “Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha” by Swami Satyananda Saraswati that are designed to further improve the health of a person who is already very healthy.
How to do Moolabandhasana – Perineal Contraction Pose In Yoga
- Sit with the legs outstretched in front of the body.
- Bend the knees and bring the soles of the feet together. Draw the heels towards the body.
- The outside of the feet should remain on the floor.
- Placing the hands behind the buttocks with the fingers pointing backward, raise the buttocks onto the heels, so that the heels press the perineum.
- The knees remain on the floor.
- Do not strain the ankles.
- Place the hands on the knees in either chin orjnana mudra. Practise nasikagra drishti.
- Hold the final position for as long as is comfortable. Release the legs and stretch them forward.
- Repeat when all the tension has left the legs and feet.
Breathing pattern while doing Moolabandhasana – Perineal Contraction Pose In Yoga
- Breathe normally throughout the practice.
Precautions Moolabandhasana – Perineal Contraction Pose In Yoga
- This pose should not be attempted until the knees and ankles have become very flexible.
Benefits of doing Moolabandhasana – Perineal Contraction Pose In Yoga
- This asana automatically induces moola bandha and is primarily used for awakening mooladhara chakra.
- It is an important asana for the conservation ofsexual energy, and tones the reproductive and eliminatory organs. It also makes the legs and feet exceptionally supple.
Advanced Yoga Poses Series
Advanced yoga poses take your yoga practice to the next level. If you’ve perfected beginner, and intermediate yoga poses, you can explore advanced yoga poses. The advanced poses should not be attempted unless the body is very flexible. Moolabandhasana – Perineal Contraction Pose In Yoga is one of the yoga poses classified as advanced yoga poses.
Advanced Yoga Poses and perfecting them can make you an expert in Yoga asanas. Before attempting advanced yoga poses, it’s important to perfect yoga poses and sequences including Sun Salutation, Pawanmuktasana Series, Padmasana group of asanas, forward bending yoga poses, spinal twisting yoga poses, postures for meditation, inverted yoga poses, and balancing yoga poses.
Be mindful of all the precautions to take while doing these poses to avoid injury. It’s advised to learn these in presence of a trained instructor to make sure you do these properly.
List of Advanced Yoga Poses
- Poorna Bhujangasana – Full Cobra Pose In Yoga
- Koormasana – Tortoise Pose In Yoga
- Poorna Shalabhasana – Full Locust Pose In Yoga
- Poorna Dhanurasana – Full Bow Pose In Yoga
- Dhanurakarshanasana – Archer’s Pose In Yoga
- Prishthasana – Back Pose In Yoga
- Parighasana – Beam or Cross-bar pose In Yoga
- Chakrasana – Wheel Pose In Yoga
- Hanumanasana – Hanuman’s Pose In Yoga
- Brahmacharyasana – Celibate’s Pose In Yoga
- Grivasana – Neck Pose In Yoga
- Sirshapada Bhumi Sparshasana – Head And Foot Touching The Ground Pose In Yoga
- Poorna Matsyendrasana – Full Spinal Twist Pose In Yoga
- Mayurasana – Peacock Pose In Yoga
- Padma Mayurasana – Lotus Or Bound Peacock Pose In Yoga
- Moolabandhasana – Perineal Contraction Pose In Yoga
- Gorakshasana – Yogi Gorakhnath’s Pose In Yoga
- Astavakrasana – Eight-twists Pose In Yoga
- Vrischikasana – Scorpion Pose In Yoga
- Eka Pada Sirasana – One Foot To Head Pose In Yoga
- Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana – Standing Foot To Head Pose In Yoga
- Dwi Pada Sirasana – Two Feet To Head Pose In Yoga
- Dwi Pada Kandharasana – Two-Legged Shoulder Pose In Yoga
- Padma Parvatasana – Lotus Mountain Pose In Yoga
- Kashyapasana – Sage Kashyapa’s Pose In Yoga
- Vishwamitrasana – Sage Vishwamitra’s Pose In Yoga
We hope you found this article on Moolabandhasana – Perineal Contraction Pose In Yoga useful. It covers how to do Moolabandhasana – Perineal Contraction Pose In Yoga, the benefits of the pose, precautions while doing the yoga pose, and important notes for practitioners. You can check out other advanced yoga poses from the list mentioned above.