Dwi Pada Sirasana (two feet to head pose) is a part of the advanced group of asanas mentioned in the book “Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha” by Swami Satyananda Saraswati that are designed to further improve the health of a person who is already very healthy.
How to do Dwi Pada Sirasana – Two Feet To Head Pose In Yoga
- Perform eka pada sirasana and relax.
- Similarly, carefully and without straining, place the leg behind the shoulder.
- Lock the feet behind the neck by crossing the ankles. Place the hands on the floor by the side of the hips and balance on the coccyx.
- Once balance is achieved, proceed to the following stages.
- Place the palms together at the chest.
- Maintain this position for 10 to 30 seconds, then again place the palms beside the hips.
- Straighten the elbows, exhale, and lift the whole body off the floor, balancing on the hands.
- Do not release the ankle lock.
- Maintain this position for a comfortable length of time and then gently lower the body to the ground and release.
Breathing pattern while doing Dwi Pada Sirasana – Two Feet To Head Pose In Yoga
- Exhale while placing the second foot behind the neck, otherwise breathe normally throughout. Other details: As for dwi pada kandharasana.
Benefits of doing Dwi Pada Sirasana – Two Feet To Head Pose In Yoga
- This asana helps to control the nervous system. The solar plexus and the adrenal glands are powerfully massaged, increasing vitality.
- It tones all the abdominal and pelvic organs, improving the efficiency of the digestive, reproductive and eliminatory systems.
Precautions while doing Dwi Pada Sirasana – Two Feet To Head Pose In Yoga
- To prevent strained muscles and torn ligaments, this asana should not be attempted unless the body is very flexible.
- It should be avoided by persons with any back ailment.
Advanced Yoga Poses Series
Advanced yoga poses take your yoga practice to the next level. If you’ve perfected beginner, and intermediate yoga poses, you can explore advanced yoga poses. The advanced poses should not be attempted unless the body is very flexible. Dwi Pada Sirasana - Two Feet To Head Pose In Yoga is one of the yoga poses classified as advanced yoga poses.
Advanced Yoga Poses and perfecting them can make you an expert in Yoga asanas. Before attempting advanced yoga poses, it’s important to perfect yoga poses and sequences including Sun Salutation, Pawanmuktasana Series, Padmasana group of asanas, forward bending yoga poses, spinal twisting yoga poses, postures for meditation, inverted yoga poses, and balancing yoga poses.
Be mindful of all the precautions to take while doing these poses to avoid injury. It’s advised to learn these in presence of a trained instructor to make sure you do these properly.
List of Advanced Yoga Poses
- Poorna Bhujangasana – Full Cobra Pose In Yoga
- Koormasana – Tortoise Pose In Yoga
- Poorna Shalabhasana – Full Locust Pose In Yoga
- Poorna Dhanurasana – Full Bow Pose In Yoga
- Dhanurakarshanasana – Archer’s Pose In Yoga
- Prishthasana – Back Pose In Yoga
- Parighasana – Beam or Cross-bar pose In Yoga
- Chakrasana – Wheel Pose In Yoga
- Hanumanasana – Hanuman’s Pose In Yoga
- Brahmacharyasana – Celibate’s Pose In Yoga
- Grivasana – Neck Pose In Yoga
- Sirshapada Bhumi Sparshasana – Head And Foot Touching The Ground Pose In Yoga
- Poorna Matsyendrasana – Full Spinal Twist Pose In Yoga
- Mayurasana – Peacock Pose In Yoga
- Padma Mayurasana – Lotus Or Bound Peacock Pose In Yoga
- Moolabandhasana – Perineal Contraction Pose In Yoga
- Gorakshasana – Yogi Gorakhnath’s Pose In Yoga
- Astavakrasana – Eight-twists Pose In Yoga
- Vrischikasana – Scorpion Pose In Yoga
- Eka Pada Sirasana – One Foot To Head Pose In Yoga
- Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana – Standing Foot To Head Pose In Yoga
- Dwi Pada Sirasana – Two Feet To Head Pose In Yoga
- Dwi Pada Kandharasana – Two-Legged Shoulder Pose In Yoga
- Padma Parvatasana – Lotus Mountain Pose In Yoga
- Kashyapasana – Sage Kashyapa’s Pose In Yoga
- Vishwamitrasana – Sage Vishwamitra’s Pose In Yoga
We hope you found this article on Dwi Pada Sirasana - Two Feet To Head Pose In Yoga useful. It covers how to do Dwi Pada Sirasana - Two Feet To Head Pose In Yoga, the benefits of the pose, precautions while doing the yoga pose, and important notes for practitioners. You can check out other advanced yoga poses from the list mentioned above.