The complete authoritative guide on Yoga, Meditation, Health, Wellness, Fitness, and Nutrition.
Ranked among the top websites.
Pawanmuktasana series 1,2,3 – The pawanmuktasana series 1,2,3 is a three-part series that is excellent for beginners in Yoga
Sun Salutation – A 12 part holistic and the most popular yoga sequence
Intermediate Yoga poses – Get a grasp on intermediate yoga poses after perfecting yoga poses for beginners. These poses will further prepare your body for the advanced stages of Yoga.
Advanced Yoga Poses – Advanced yoga poses take your yoga practice to the next level. You can explore advanced yoga poses if you’ve perfected beginner and intermediate yoga poses. The advanced poses should not be attempted unless the body is very flexible.
Top 50 Yoga Poses – A list of 50 popular yoga poses.
Vajrasana Group of Asanas – Vajrasana group of asanas or poses constitutes 16 essential poses in Yoga. These are largely in the beginner’s group of poses with Vajrasana being the core in this entire group. The vajra or thunderbolt is said to be the weapon of Indra, king of the devas or gods, just as the mind is the king of all the senses.
Forward Bending Yoga Poses – Forward bending asanas loosen up the back, maintaining good health and increasing vitality.
Backward Bending Yoga poses – Backward bending yoga poses are postures which turn the body out to face the world. They are stimulating and extroverting. Because they expand the chest and encourage inhalation, they are associated with the attitude of embracing life.
Spinal twisting Yoga Poses – Spinal Twisting Yoga Poses are important for spinal health. Every practice should include at least one Yoga pose for the spine, preferably following the forward and backward bending postures.
Pranayama – Pranayama can be described simply as the control of breath. Breathing is essential to life and through its control you can ensure that your lungs are used to their full capacity through the practice of Pranayama. Regular practice has massive health benefits on cardiovascular health and also helps reduce stress, and anxiety, which have been backed by science.
Yoga Mudras – Yoga Mudras are a combination of subtle physical movements which alter mood, attitude, and perception, and deepen awareness and concentration. A mudra may involve the whole body in a combination of asana, pranayama, bandha, and visualization techniques, or it may be a simple hand position.
Bandhas – The Sanskrit word bandha means to ‘hold’, ‘tighten’ or ‘lock’. These definitions precisely describe the physical action involved in the bandha practices and their effect on the pranic body.
Balancing Yoga Poses – A yoga pose that focuses on balance involves maintaining stability on one leg or using other parts of the body like the arms. These poses aid in strengthening the muscles in the legs and core such as the hamstrings, calves, quads, glutes, and abs.
Yoga for mental health 2023 – The 2023 report Yoga For Mental Health – A promising path reviews current research on mental health and yoga and shares key findings on how yoga can be effective in mitigating the impact of decline in mental health and well-being around the world.
Hatha Yoga – Hatha Yoga is a branch within Raja Yoga. It is also called the “yoga of control” and is one the of the four paths of Yoga.
Bhakti Yoga – Bhakti yoga also called the bhakti marga or the path of devotion is a spiritual practice focused on loving devotion. The goal of Bhakti Yoga as with all forms of Yoga is self-realization and ultimately liberation.
Hatha Yoga Health Benefits – A regular practice of Hatha Yoga can keep you away from many lifestyle-related diseases that are becoming a common occurrence these days. It can also help you in dealing with stress, anxiety, and overall can help you realize your true potential.
What is the goal of Yoga? – It’s important to understand the goal of Yoga before we get in to the practice of Yoga. For this we take the help of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
Basics of Yoga – Yoga is one of the 6 philosophical schools of Hinduism. These include Sankhya, Yoga, Nyaya, Vaisheshika, Mimamsa, and Vedanta. The practice of yoga has been thought to date back to pre-Vedic Indian traditions; possibly in the Indus valley civilization around 3000 BCE.
Who is the founder of Yoga? – A question often asked by users is about the origins of Yoga. The debate around the origins of Yoga and who exactly founded Yoga has had multiple explanations.
Trending on World Yoga Forum
- The Fibre Factor: A Guide to Boosting Your Weight Loss EffortsFibre is a vital component of a healthy diet, essential for digestive health and weight management. Soluble and insoluble fibre are the two types of dietary fibre, and both play important roles in maintaining good health. Soluble fibre helps to slow digestion, making you feel full for longer and reducing the number of calories you […]
- Yoga for Relieving Neck Pain from Mobile Screen UseWith the increasing usage of mobile devices, neck pain has become a common complaint among individuals. The prolonged use of mobile screens often leads to a condition known as “text neck,” which is characterized by neck pain and discomfort. In this chapter, we will discuss how the yoga pose “Greeva Sanchalana” can help alleviate neck […]
- The connection between yoga and mindfulnessHave you ever felt like you’re just going through the motions of your day without truly being present in the moment? That’s where mindfulness comes in. And it just so happens that yoga is a great way to cultivate mindfulness in your life. So, what is mindfulness exactly? It’s simply the practice of being fully […]
- The Intersection of Yoga and Modern MedicineThe intersection of yoga and modern medicine is a rapidly growing field, as increasing research suggests that yoga can have a significant impact on physical and mental health. In this chapter, we will explore the current state of research on the benefits of yoga, and discuss how it is being integrated into modern medical practice. […]
- Namaste and Chill: The Calming Power of Yoga for Busy LivesIn today’s fast-paced world, stress and anxiety have become a part of daily life for many. The constant demands of work and personal life can leave us feeling drained and overwhelmed. But what if there was a way to find peace and relaxation that was both ancient and cutting-edge, a way that’s been adopted by […]