The ankle bending pose in Yoga, Goolf Naman is a part of the Pawanmuktasana series 1 ( Antirheumatic yoga poses) mentioned in “Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha” by Swami Satyananda Saraswati that focuses on the feet. It is a very simple practice for beginners to open up the ankle joint and improve blood circulation in the legs.
|English Name||Ankle Bending Pose|
|Sanskrit Name||Goolf Naman|
|Repetitions||10 clock wise and anti-clockwise|
|Body Part||Feet, Ankles|
|Category||Pawanmuktasana series 1|
|Category (English)||Antirheumatic yoga poses|
|Benefits||Stretches the angle, loosens the ankle joint, Increases blood circulation in feet.|
|Precautions||Stop immediately if unusual pain is experienced or if there is a problem or injury in ankles|
How to do Ankle Bending Pose – Goolf Naman
- Sit in the base position with the legs outstretched and the feet together. Place the hands beside and slightly behind the buttocks.
- Lean back a little, using the arms to support the back. Keep the spine straight.
- Slowly move both feet backward and forward, bending them from the ankle joints.
- Try to stretch the feet forward to touch the floor and then draw them back towards the knees.
- Hold each position for a few seconds.
- Repeat 10 times.
Benefits of the Ankle Bending Pose Goolf Naman
- Stretches the angle.
- Loosens the ankle joint.
- Increases blood circulation in feet.
- Help in returning the stagnant lymph and venous blood.
- Relieve tiredness and cramp, and help prevent venous thrombosis, especially in bedridden, post-operative patients.
Precautions to take
- Stop immediately if unusual pain is experienced.
Antirheumatic Yoga Poses – Pawanmuktasana Part 1
The Ankle Bending Pose in Yoga – Goolf Naman is a part of the Pawanmuktasana Series I. This group of Yoga poses is also known as the antirheumatic poses. Pawanmuktasana series part 1 are a group of poses concerned with loosening up the joints of the body. These poses are excellent for those debilitated by rheumatism, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart problems, or other ailments where vigorous physical exercise is not advised. Pawanmuktasana parts 1,2,3 in Yoga is one of the most important groups of yoga poses or yoga asanas that have a very profound effect on the human body and mind and is thus a most useful tool for the yogic management of various disorders and maintenance of health. Ankle Bending Pose in Yoga – Goolf Naman is one of the poses in the full sequence (list below)
The sequence and all Antirheumatic Yoga poses – Pawanmuktasana part 1
- Padanguli Naman (Toe bending)
- Goolf Naman (Ankle bending)
- Goolf Chakra (Ankle rotation)
- Goolf Ghoornan (Ankle crank)
- Janu Naman (Knee bending)
- Janu Chakra (Knee Crank)
- Ardha Titali Asana (Half Butterfly pose)
- Shroni Chakra (Hip rotation)
- Poorna Titali Asana (Full butterfly yoga pose)
- Mushtika Bandhana (Hand Clenching)
- Manibandha naman (Wrist bending)
- Manibandha Chakra (Wrist joint rotation)
- Kehuni Naman (Elbow bending)
- Kehuni Chakra (Elbow rotation)
- Skandha Chakra (Shoulder socket rotation)
- Greeva Sanchalana (Neck movements)
We hope you found this article on Ankle Bending Pose in Yoga – Goolf Naman useful. This is intended to give you a detailed information on Ankle Bending Pose in Yoga – Goolf Naman, how to do Ankle Bending Pose in Yoga – Goolf Naman, including its benefits, and precautions.