The ankle bending pose in Yoga, Goolf Naman is a part of the Pawanmuktasana series 1 ( Anti – rheumatic group ) mentioned in “Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha” by Swami Satyananda Saraswati that focuses on the feet. It is a very simple practice for beginners to open up the ankle joint and improve blood circulation in the legs.
How to do Ankle Bending Pose – Goolf Naman
- Sit in the base position with the legs outstretched and the feet together. Place the hands beside and slightly behind the buttocks.
- Lean back a little, using the arms to support the back. Keep the spine straight.
- Slowly move both feet backward and forward, bending them from the ankle joints.
- Try to stretch the feet forward to touch the floor and then draw them back towards the knees.
- Hold each position for a few seconds.
- Repeat 10 times.
Benefits of the Ankle Bending Pose Goolf Naman
- Stretches the angle.
- Loosens the ankle joint.
- Increases blood circulation in feet.
- Help in returning the stagnant lymph and venous blood.
- Relieve tiredness and cramp, and help prevent venous thrombosis, especially in bedridden, post-operative patients.
Precautions to take
- Stop immediately if unusual pain is experienced.