Shroni Chakra (hip rotation) is a part of the Pawanmuktasana series 1 ( Antirheumatic yoga poses) mentioned in “Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha” by Swami Satyananda Saraswati that focuses on hip opening. It is a simple asana, usually practiced at the starting to easily get into more complex asanas.
How To Do Hip Rotation in Yoga – Shroni Chakra
- Sit in the base position with the legs outstretched and the feet together. Place the hands beside and slightly behind the buttocks.
- Lean back a little, using the arms to support the back. Keep the spine straight.
- Bend the right foot on the left thigh and keep the left leg straight in front.
- Use the right hand to rotate the right knee in a circle and make the circular movement as large as possible.
- The index finger may be pointed out and used as a guide to perfection of the circular movement.
- Practice 10 rotations clockwise and then 10 rotations anti clockwise.
- Straighten the leg slowly.
- Repeat with the left leg.
Breathing pattern while doing Hip Rotation in Yoga – Shroni Chakra
- Inhale on the upward movement.
- Exhale on the downward movement.
Benefits of Hip Rotation in Yoga – Shroni Chakra
- Stretches inner thighs and knees.
- Loosens up hip and knee joint.
- Should not practice if suffering from knee injury.
- Do not force any movement.
- Should not practice if suffering from sciatica.
Antirheumatic Yoga Poses – Pawanmuktasana Part 1Hip Rotation in Yoga - Shroni Chakra is a part of the Pawanmuktasana Series I. This group of Yoga poses is also known as the antirheumatic poses. Pawanmuktasana series part 1 are a group of poses concerned with loosening up the joints of the body. These poses are excellent for those debilitated by rheumatism, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart problems, or other ailments where vigorous physical exercise is not advised. Pawanmuktasana parts 1,2,3 in Yoga is one of the most important groups of yoga poses or yoga asanas that have a very profound effect on the human body and mind and is thus a most useful tool for the yogic management of various disorders and maintenance of health. Hip Rotation in Yoga - Shroni Chakra is one of the poses in the full sequence (list below)
The sequence and all Antirheumatic Yoga poses – Pawanmuktasana part 1
- Padanguli Naman (Toe bending)
- Goolf Naman (Ankle bending)
- Goolf Chakra (Ankle rotation)
- Goolf Ghoornan (Ankle crank)
- Janu Naman (Knee bending)
- Janu Chakra (Knee Crank)
- Ardha Titali Asana (Half Butterfly pose)
- Shroni Chakra (Hip rotation)
- Poorna Titali Asana (Full butterfly yoga pose)
- Mushtika Bandhana (Hand Clenching)
- Manibandha naman (Wrist bending)
- Manibandha Chakra (Wrist joint rotation)
- Kehuni Naman (Elbow bending)
- Kehuni Chakra (Elbow rotation)
- Skandha Chakra (Shoulder socket rotation)
- Greeva Sanchalana (Neck movements)
We hope you found this article on Hip Rotation in Yoga - Shroni Chakra useful. This is intended to give you a detailed information on Hip Rotation in Yoga - Shroni Chakra, how to do Hip Rotation in Yoga - Shroni Chakra, including its benefits, and precautions.