Tiryaka Kati Chakrasana in yoga also known as swaying waist rotating pose is a standing pose mentioned in the series Standing Asanas mentioned in the book “Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha”. It focuses on stretching and strengthening the muscles. In this article, we will easily and comprehensively learn how to do Tiryaka Kati Chakrasana – Swaying Waist Rotating Pose In Yoga, benefits of Tiryaka Kati Chakrasana – Swaying Waist Rotating Pose In Yoga, precautions, and a note for practitioners.
How to do Tiryaka Kati Chakrasan – Swaying Waist Rotating Pose In Yoga
- Stand erect with the feet about shoulder width apart. Interlock the fingers in front of the body.
- Raise the arms over the head and rotate the wrists, turning the palms out.
- Bend forward from the hips to form a right angle between the legs and trunk.
- Watch the back of the hands and keep the back straight.
- Slowly swing the arms and trunk to the right as far as is comfortable, then to the left and then back to the centre.
- Return to the upright position and lower the arms. Practise 5 to 10 times.
Breathing pattern while doing Tiryaka Kati Chakrasan – Swaying Waist Rotating Pose In Yoga
- Inhale while raising the arms.
- Exhale while bending foiWard.
- Hold the breath while swinging from side to side.
- Inhale while raising the trunk and exhale while lowering the arms.
Benefits of doing Tiryaka Kati Chakrasan – Swaying Waist Rotating Pose In Yoga
- This asana also strengthens the back muscles, and improves balance and coordination.
- This asana tones the neck, shoulders, waist, back and hips.
- It is useful for correcting back stiffness and postural problems.
- The relaxation and twisting movement induces a feeling of lightness and may be used to relieve physical and mental tension at any time during the day.
Precautions while doing Tiryaka Kati Chakrasan – Swaying Waist Rotating Pose In Yoga
- This asana is quite strenuous and should not be practised by those with back problems, slipped disc or sciatica.
Standing Asana SeriesTiryaka Kati Chakrasana – Swaying Waist Rotating Pose In Yoga is a part of the standing asana series. Standing asanas or standing yoga poses are the asanas that have a standing position as the starting position. Standing asanas are an important part of all yoga sequences. This series of standing asanas include beginners asanas focusing on stretching and strengthening the back, shoulders, and leg muscles.
The following 14 yoga asanas or yoga poses are a part of the standing asanas series.
- Bandha Hasta Uttanasana – Locked Hand Raising Pose In Yoga
- Akarna Dhanurasana – Bow And Arrow PoseIn Yoga
- Tadasana – Palm Tree Pose In Yoga
- Tiryaka Tadasana – Swaying Palm Tree Pose In Yoga
- Kati Chakrasana – Waist Rotating Pose In Yoga
- Tiryaka Kati Chakrasana – Swaying Waist Rotating Pose In Yoga
- Meru Prishthasana – Spine And Back Pose In Yoga
- Uttanasana – Squat And Rise Pose In Yoga
- Druta Utkatasana – Dynamic Energy Pose In Yoga
- Samakonasana – Right Angle Pose In Yoga
- Dwikonasana – Double Angle Pose In Yoga
- Trikonasana – Triangle Pose In Yoga
- Utthita Lolasana – Swinging While Standing Pose In Yoga
- Dolasana – Pendulum Pose In Yoga
We hope that through this article you were able to understand how to do the Tiryaka Kati Chakrasana – Swaying Waist Rotating Pose In Yoga easily, its benefits, and precautions.