Dwikonasana in yoga also known as the double angle pose is a standing pose mentioned in the series Standing Asanas mentioned in the book “Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha”. It focuses on stretching and strengthening the muscles. In this article, we will easily and comprehensively learn how to do Dwikonasana – Double Angle Pose In Yoga, benefits of Dwikonasana – Double Angle Pose In Yoga, precautions, and a note for practitioners.
How to do Dwikonasana – Double Angle Pose In Yoga
- Stand erect with the feet 30 cm apart.
- Extend the arms behind the back and interlock the fingers. This is the starting position.
- Bend fonvard from the hips so that the back and face are parallel with the floor.
- Raise the anus behind the back as high as possible without strain.
- The arms act as a lever and accentuate the stretch given to the shoulders and chest.
- Remain in the final position for a short time, lower the arms to the back, and then return to the upright position. Repeat up to 10 times.
Breathing pattern while doing Dwikonasana – Double Angle Pose In Yoga
- Inhale while standing erect.
- Exhale while bending forward.
- Inhale while raising the arms.
- Exhale while lowering the arms.
- Inhale while returning to the upright position.
Benefits of doing Dwikonasana – Double Angle Pose In Yoga
- This asana strengthens the muscles between the upper spine and the shoulder blades, and develops the chest and neck.
- It is especially good for young, growing bodies.
- Interlock the fingers and turn the palms of the hands outwards.
Standing Asana SeriesDwikonasana – Double Angle Pose In Yoga is a part of the standing asana series. Standing asanas or standing yoga poses are the asanas that have a standing position as the starting position. Standing asanas are an important part of all yoga sequences. This series of standing asanas include beginners asanas focusing on stretching and strengthening the back, shoulders, and leg muscles.
The following 14 yoga asanas or yoga poses are a part of the standing asanas series.
- Bandha Hasta Uttanasana – Locked Hand Raising Pose In Yoga
- Akarna Dhanurasana – Bow And Arrow PoseIn Yoga
- Tadasana – Palm Tree Pose In Yoga
- Tiryaka Tadasana – Swaying Palm Tree Pose In Yoga
- Kati Chakrasana – Waist Rotating Pose In Yoga
- Tiryaka Kati Chakrasana – Swaying Waist Rotating Pose In Yoga
- Meru Prishthasana – Spine And Back Pose In Yoga
- Uttanasana – Squat And Rise Pose In Yoga
- Druta Utkatasana – Dynamic Energy Pose In Yoga
- Samakonasana – Right Angle Pose In Yoga
- Dwikonasana – Double Angle Pose In Yoga
- Trikonasana – Triangle Pose In Yoga
- Utthita Lolasana – Swinging While Standing Pose In Yoga
- Dolasana – Pendulum Pose In Yoga
We hope that through this article you were able to understand how to do the Dwikonasana – Double Angle Pose In Yoga easily, its benefits, and precautions.