Saral Bhujangasana (easy cobra pose) is a part of the backward bending yoga poses mentioned in the book “Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha” by Swami Satyananda Saraswati. They are a part of postures that turn the body out to face the world. They are stimulating and extraverting. This posture is also known as sphinx asana. In this article, we will easily and comprehensively learn how to do Saral Bhujangasana – Easy Cobra Pose In Yoga, breathing pattern while doing this yoga pose, benefits of Saral Bhujangasana – Easy Cobra Pose In Yoga, its various variations, precautions, and notes for practitioners.
How to do Saral Bhujangasana – Easy Cobra Pose In Yoga
- Lie flat on the stomach with the forehead resting on the floor, the legs straight, feet together, and the soles of the feet uppermost.
- Bend the arms and place the forearms on the floor with the palms downward on each side of the head.
- The fingertips point forward, but are in line with the crown of the head.
- The forearms and elbows are close to the body. Relax the whole body.
- Raise the head, shoulders and chest by bringing the upper arms to the vertical position.
- The elbows, forearms and hands will remain on the floor. Relax in the position for a comfortable length of time and then slowly lower the body.
- This is one round.
Breathing pattern while doing Saral Bhujangasana – Easy Cobra Pose In Yoga
- Inhale while raising the head, shoulders and chest.
- Exhale while lowering to the floor.
- Breathe normally in the final position.
- A good preparatory pose for bhujangasana.
- Follow with a forward bending asana.
Benefits of doing Saral Bhujangasana – Easy Cobra Pose In Yoga
- This asana strengthens the arms and shoulders and is especially good for stiff backs.
Precautions while doing Bhujangasana – Cobra Pose In Yoga
- People suffering from peptic ulcer, hernia, intestinal tuberculosis or hyperthyroidism should not practise this asana without the guidance of a competent teacher.
Backward Bending Yoga Poses Seriesintermediate level yoga poses. In case you are a beginner in yoga, you should explore the beginner group of yoga poses. These include Pawanmuktasana series, relaxation postures in yoga, meditation postures in yoga, vajrasana group of asanas, standing asanas, Surya Namaskara (Sun salutation), and Chandra Namaskara (moon salutation).
Backward bending yoga poses are postures that turn the body out to face the world. They are also dynamic postures that move counter to gravity and, therefore, require strength and energy to perform. The general benefits include stretching the abdominal muscles, toning, and strengthening the muscles controlling the spine.
The backward bending yoga pose series includes the following 13 yoga poses
- Saral Bhujangasana – Easy Cobra Pose In Yoga.
- Bhujangasana – Cobra Pose In Yoga
- Tiryaka Bhujangasana – Twisting Cobra Pose In Yoga
- Sarpasana – Snake Pose In Yoga
- Ardha Shalabhasana – Half Locust Pose In Yoga
- Shalabhasana – Locust Pose In Yoga
- Saral Dhanurasana – Easy Bow Pose In Yoga
- Dhanurasana – Bow Pose In Yoga
- Kandharasana – Shoulder Pose In Yoga
- Ardha Chandrasana – Half Moon Pose In Yoga
- Utthan Pristhasana – Lizard Pose In Yoga
- Setu Asana – Bridge Pose In Yoga
- Gomukhasana – Cow’s Face Pose In Yoga
We hope that through this article you were able to understand how to do the Saral Bhujangasana – Easy Cobra Pose In Yoga easily, its benefits, and precautions.
Articles related to Saral Bhujangasana – Easy Cobra Pose In Yoga.
Leave a Reply