Sukhasana also known as easy pose in Yoga is a meditation pose mentioned in the book is a part of meditation postures mentioned in “Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha” by Swami Satyananda Saraswati that focuses on allowing the practitioner to sit for extended periods of time without moving the body and without discomfort. In this article, we’ll known more about Sukhasana, how to do the Sukhasana, the benefits of Sukhasana, and certain variations.
How to do Easy Pose In Yoga – Sukhasana
The following steps will help you get in to Sukhasana.
- Sit with the legs straight in front of the body.
- Bend one leg and place the foot under the opposite thigh. Bend the other leg and place the foot under the opposite thigh.
- Place the hands on the knees in the chin and gyaan mudra.
- Keep the head, neck and back upright and straight, but without strain.
- Close your eyes.
- Relax the whole body.
- The arms should be relaxed and not held straight.
Benefits of Easy Pose In Yoga – Sukhasana
- Sukhasana is the easiest and most comfortable of the meditation postures. It can be utilized without ill effect by persons who are unable to sit in the more difficult meditation postures.
- It facilitates mental and physical balance without causing strain or pain.
- Sukhasana is also a relaxing posture which may be used after extended periods of sitting in siddhasana or padmasana.
- Although sukhasana is said to be the simplest meditation posture, it is difficult to sustain for long periods of time unless the knees are close to the ground or on the ground.
- Otherwise most of the body weight is supported by the buttocks and backache develops. The other meditation asanas create a larger and therefore steadier area of support.
Variation of Easy Pose In Yoga – Sukhasana
- For those who are extremely stiff, sukhasana may be performed sitting cross-legged with a belt or cloth tied around the knees and lower back.
- Hold the spine upright.
- Concentrate on the physical balance and equalizing the weight on the right and left side of the body. A light, spacey feeling may be experienced.
- While maintaining the posture, place the hands on the knees in chin or jnana mudra.
Meditation Postures in YogaSukhasana – Easy Pose In Yoga is an important meditation posture in yoga. Meditation is a fundamental aspect of yoga, to be practiced at higher stages of yoga. It’s about training in awareness and getting a healthy sense of perspective. Meditation postures allow you to sit for extended periods of time without moving the body and without discomfort. It’s only when the body has been steady and still for some time will meditation be experienced. To get into deep meditation, the spinal column should be straight and very few asanas can satisfy this condition. Sukhasana – Easy Pose In Yoga is one such posture. There are multiple such postures (list below)
List of Meditation postures in Yoga
- Sukhasana – Easy Pose In Yoga
- Ardha Padmasana – Half Lotus Pose In Yoga
- Padmasana – Lotus Pose In Yoga
- Siddhasana – Accomplished Pose For Men In Yoga
- Siddha Yoni Asana – Accomplished Pose For Women In Yoga
- Swastikasana – Auspicious Pose In Yoga
- Dhyana Veerasana – Hero’s Meditation Pose In Yoga
We hope this article gave you a good detailed information on Sukhasana – Easy Pose In Yoga, how to do the Sukhasana – Easy Pose In Yoga, its benefits, and precautions.
Leave a Reply