Dhyana Veerasana also known as hero’s meditation pose in Yoga is a meditation posture mentioned in the book is a part of Relaxation Asanas mentioned in the ancient Hath Yogic text books like “Hatha Yoga Pradipika” and “Gheranda Samhita”. Dhyana Veerasana focuses on allowing the practitioner to sit for extended periods of time without moving the body and without discomfort. In this article, we’ll share how to do Dhyana Veerasana and the benefits of Dhyana Veerasana.
How to do Dhyana Veerasana – Hero’s Meditation Pose In Yoga
- Sit with both legs straight in front of the body.
- Bend the left leg underneath the right leg so that the left heel is touching the right buttock.
- Bring the right leg over the top of the bent left leg so that the right heel touches the left buttock.
- Adjust the right knee so that it is above the left knee. Place the hands either on the right knee, one on top of the other, or on top of each foot, whichever is comfortable. Hold the head, neck and back straight.
- Close the eyes and relax the whole body.
- Be aware of the breath at the nose tip.
Benefits of doing Dhyana Veerasana – Hero’s Meditation Pose In Yoga
- This asana is quite easy and comfortable to sustain for long periods of time as a comparatively large area of the body is in contact with the floor. It is a useful alternative to other meditation asanas. The legs and hips are not rotated outwards as in the other meditation postures, rather the knees are brought to the centre. This affects the pelvic structure and stretches the outer rather than the inner muscles of the thigh. This position also massages and tones the pelvic and reproductive organs.
Meditation Postures in YogaDhyana Veerasana – Hero’s Meditation Pose In Yoga is an important meditation posture in yoga. Meditation is a fundamental aspect of yoga, to be practiced at higher stages of yoga. It’s about training in awareness and getting a healthy sense of perspective. Meditation postures allow you to sit for extended periods of time without moving the body and without discomfort. It’s only when the body has been steady and still for some time will meditation be experienced. To get into deep meditation, the spinal column should be straight and very few asanas can satisfy this condition. Dhyana Veerasana – Hero’s Meditation Pose In Yoga is one such posture. There are multiple such postures (list below)
List of Meditation postures in Yoga
- Sukhasana – Easy Pose In Yoga
- Ardha Padmasana – Half Lotus Pose In Yoga
- Padmasana – Lotus Pose In Yoga
- Siddhasana – Accomplished Pose For Men In Yoga
- Siddha Yoni Asana – Accomplished Pose For Women In Yoga
- Swastikasana – Auspicious Pose In Yoga
- Dhyana Veerasana – Hero’s Meditation Pose In Yoga
We hope this article gave you a good detailed information on Dhyana Veerasana – Hero’s Meditation Pose In Yoga , how to do the Dhyana Veerasana – Hero’s Meditation Pose In Yoga , its benefits, and precautions.
Leave a Reply