Padadhirasana (breath balancing pose) is a beginner group pose mentioned in the book and is a part of the Vajrasana group of asanas mentioned in “Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha” by Swami Satyananda Saraswati and is very beneficial for the reproductive as well as digestive organs and is also reasonably easy to perform. In this article, we’ll discuss how to do Padadhirasana, the benefits of Padadhirasana, breathing pattern while doing Padadhirasana, and a note for practitioners.
How to do Padadhirasana – Breath Balancing Pose In Yoga
- Sit in vajrasana.
- Cross the arms in front of the chest, placing the hands under the opposite armpits with the thumbs pointing upward, or, for a stronger effect, make fists of the hands and place them under the armpits.
- Close the eyes and become aware of the breathing process.
Breathing pattern while doing Padadhirasana – Breath Balancing Pose In Yoga
- Slow, deep and rhythmical. Practise until the flow of the breath in both nostrils becomes equalized.
Benefits of Padadhirasana – Breath Balancing Pose In Yoga
- The pressure under both the armpits helps to open the nostrils to facilitate the practice of pranayama. Since the breath flow in the right and left nostrils influences the activities of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems respectively, opening of the two nostrils induces a state of autonomic balance.
- Padadhirasana may be used as a preparation for pranayama. It is especially useful when one or both nostrils are blocked.
- If only one nostril is blocked, or partially blocked, place the hand of that side underneath the opposite armpit. Maintain the pressure for a minute or two, although changes may sometimes occur within a few seconds.
Vajrasana Group of AsanasPadadhirasana - Breath Balancing Pose In Yoga is a part of the Vajrasana Group of Asanas. The vajra or thunderbolt is said to be the weapon of Indra, king of the devas or gods, just as the mind is the king of all the senses. Vajra is also the major nadi directly connected with the genito-urinary system, which regulates the sexual energy in the body.
The following are the 16 poses in the Vajrasana group of asanas.
- Vajrasana – Thunderbolt Pose In Yoga
- Ananda Madirasana – Intoxicating Bliss Pose In Yoga
- Padadhirasana – Breath Balancing Pose In Yoga
- Bhadrasana – Gracious Pose In Yoga
- Simhasana – Lion Pose In Yoga
- Simhagarjanasana – Roaring Lion Pose In Yoga
- Veerasana – Hero’s Pose In Yoga
- Marjariasana – Cat Stretch Pose In Yoga
- Vyaghrasana – Tiger Pose In Yoga
- Shashankasana – Pose of Moon In Yoga
- Shashank Bhujangasana – Striking Cobra Pose
- Naman Pranamasana – Prostration Pose In Yoga
- Ashwa Sanchalasana – Equestrian Pose In Yoga
- Ardha Ushtrasana – Half Camel Pose In Yoga
- Ushtrasana – Camel Pose In Yoga
- Supta Vajrasana – Sleeping Thunderbolt Pose In Yoga
This is meant to help all beginners in yoga with Padadhirasana - Breath Balancing Pose In Yoga. We hope you found this article on Padadhirasana - Breath Balancing Pose In Yoga useful. It is meant to explain how to do the Padadhirasana - Breath Balancing Pose In Yoga easily, its benefits, and precautions.