Vatsara Dhauti (cleansing the intestines with air) is a cleansing practice that focuses on removing stale gas and wind and stimulating the digestive system.
How To Do Vatsara Dhauti (Cleansing The Intestines With Air)
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Open the mouth and purse the lips like a crow’s beak. Draw air down into the stomach through the open mouth in one sucking action or in a series of gulps. Choose which method is easiest.
- Fill the stomach with air as much as possible.
- Then relax completely.
- Do not try to expel the air.
- It will come out through the large intestine in its own time. Time of practice: This practice may be done at any time of the day, but it is most useful just before a large meal. It should not be done after meals.
Vatsara Dhauti Benefits
- This practice removes stale gas and wind and stimulates the digestive system.
Practice note while doing Vatsara Dhauti – Cleansing The Intestines With Air
- This practice is similar to bhujangini mudra. However, in bhujangini mudra the air is expelled by belch ing, whereas in vatsara dhauti the air is passed out through the intestines.