Vatsara Dhauti (cleansing the intestines with air) is a cleansing practice that focuses on removing stale gas and wind and stimulating the digestive system.
How To Do Vatsara Dhauti (Cleansing The Intestines With Air)
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Open the mouth and purse the lips like a crow’s beak. Draw air down into the stomach through the open mouth in one sucking action or in a series of gulps. Choose which method is easiest.
- Fill the stomach with air as much as possible.
- Then relax completely.
- Do not try to expel the air.
- It will come out through the large intestine in its own time. Time of practice: This practice may be done at any time of the day, but it is most useful just before a large meal. It should not be done after meals.
Vatsara Dhauti Benefits
- This practice removes stale gas and wind and stimulates the digestive system.
Practice note while doing Vatsara Dhauti – Cleansing The Intestines With Air
- This practice is similar to bhujangini mudra. However, in bhujangini mudra the air is expelled by belch ing, whereas in vatsara dhauti the air is passed out through the intestines.
Leave a Reply