Hanumanasana (Hanuman’s pose) is a part of the advanced group of asanas mentioned in the book “Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha” by Swami Satyananda Saraswati that are designed to further improve the health of a person who is already very healthy.
How to do Hanumanasana – Hanuman’s Pose In Yoga
- Kneel on the left knee and place the right foot about 30 c1n in front of the left knee.
- Place the palms of the hands on the floor on either side of the right foot.
- Gently and gradually slide the right foot forward. Simultaneously, support the weight of the body on the hands.
- Straighten both legs, moving the right foot as far forward and the left as far backward as they will go without strain.
- In the final position, the buttocks are lowered so that the pelvic floor and both legs rest on the ground in one straight line.
- Close the eyes, relax the body and bring the palms together in front of the sternum.
- Check that the back knee is straight.
- Hold the position for as long as is comfortable.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat the asana with the opposite leg forward. Breathing: Breathe normally throughout.
Breathing pattern while doing Hanumanasana – Hanuman’s Pose In Yoga
- Breathe normally throughout.
Sequence of doing Hanumanasana – Hanuman’s Pose In Yoga
After completing this asana, sit with both of the legs extended forward for one or two minutes.
Benefits of doing Hanumanasana – Hanuman’s Pose In Yoga
- This pose improves flexibility and blood circulation in the legs and hips. It massages the abdominal organs, tones the reproductive system and makes the pelvic area supple.
Precautions while doing Hanumanasana – Hanuman’s Pose In Yoga
- People who suffer from conditions such as slipped disc, sciatica, hernia and dislocation of the hip joint are strictly advised not to attempt this asana.
- Hanumanasana is the ultimate test of leg and hip flexibility.
- Very few people will be able to lower the body to the floor in the final position.
- Those who cannot may place a cushion or folded blanket underneath the pelvic floor to avoid strain.
Advanced Yoga Poses Series
Advanced yoga poses take your yoga practice to the next level. If you’ve perfected beginner, and intermediate yoga poses, you can explore advanced yoga poses. The advanced poses should not be attempted unless the body is very flexible. Hanumanasana – Hanuman’s Pose In Yoga is one of the yoga poses classified as advanced yoga poses.
Advanced Yoga Poses and perfecting them can make you an expert in Yoga asanas. Before attempting advanced yoga poses, it’s important to perfect yoga poses and sequences including Sun Salutation, Pawanmuktasana Series, Padmasana group of asanas, forward bending yoga poses, spinal twisting yoga poses, postures for meditation, inverted yoga poses, and balancing yoga poses.
Be mindful of all the precautions to take while doing these poses to avoid injury. It’s advised to learn these in presence of a trained instructor to make sure you do these properly.
List of Advanced Yoga Poses
- Poorna Bhujangasana – Full Cobra Pose In Yoga
- Koormasana – Tortoise Pose In Yoga
- Poorna Shalabhasana – Full Locust Pose In Yoga
- Poorna Dhanurasana – Full Bow Pose In Yoga
- Dhanurakarshanasana – Archer’s Pose In Yoga
- Prishthasana – Back Pose In Yoga
- Parighasana – Beam or Cross-bar pose In Yoga
- Chakrasana – Wheel Pose In Yoga
- Hanumanasana – Hanuman’s Pose In Yoga
- Brahmacharyasana – Celibate’s Pose In Yoga
- Grivasana – Neck Pose In Yoga
- Sirshapada Bhumi Sparshasana – Head And Foot Touching The Ground Pose In Yoga
- Poorna Matsyendrasana – Full Spinal Twist Pose In Yoga
- Mayurasana – Peacock Pose In Yoga
- Padma Mayurasana – Lotus Or Bound Peacock Pose In Yoga
- Moolabandhasana – Perineal Contraction Pose In Yoga
- Gorakshasana – Yogi Gorakhnath’s Pose In Yoga
- Astavakrasana – Eight-twists Pose In Yoga
- Vrischikasana – Scorpion Pose In Yoga
- Eka Pada Sirasana – One Foot To Head Pose In Yoga
- Utthan Eka Pada Sirasana – Standing Foot To Head Pose In Yoga
- Dwi Pada Sirasana – Two Feet To Head Pose In Yoga
- Dwi Pada Kandharasana – Two-Legged Shoulder Pose In Yoga
- Padma Parvatasana – Lotus Mountain Pose In Yoga
- Kashyapasana – Sage Kashyapa’s Pose In Yoga
- Vishwamitrasana – Sage Vishwamitra’s Pose In Yoga
We hope you found this article on Hanumanasana – Hanuman’s Pose In Yoga useful. It covers how to do Hanumanasana – Hanuman’s Pose In Yoga, the benefits of the pose, precautions while doing the yoga pose, and important notes for practitioners. You can check out other advanced yoga poses from the list mentioned above.