Namaste to all the readers of World Yoga Forum. As a part of the monthly challenge for all Yoga enthusiasts and beginners, we bring to you the August 2022 Yoga Challenge.
Most people think and attempt to do complex yoga poses. In our experience, they are largely inspired by a multitude of content on platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram where we see experienced professionals doing complex yoga poses with ease.
What we tend to forget is that a lot of training and preparation goes into doing these poses. Often the training involves doing a lot of beginners poses repeatedly. Most experienced professionals have done these poses regularly before attempting and mastering complex poses.
In an attempt to train our body for complex yoga poses, in the month of August we’ll focus on beginner poses that help open the body. Pawanmuktasana Series 1 (a part of the Pawanmuktasana series 123) is a great sequence to stretch and open your body and it can be done by beginners.
The target for August is to do the Pawanmuktasana series 1, 4 times a week.
What are the poses about?
The antirheumatic poses in yoga also known as Pawanmuktasana series part 1 are a group of poses concerned with loosening up the joints of the body. These poses are excellent for those debilitated by rheumatism, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart problems, or other ailments where vigorous physical exercise is not advised.
What is the sequence?
There are 16 poses in the sequence. It should take about 30 minutes for completing the sequence. It’s preferable to do it early morning on an empty stomach. In case you are not able to do it, you can also do it in the evening. However, please make sure that you haven’t eaten for 2 hours before you do it.
- Padanguli Nama (Toe bending)
- Goolf Naman (Ankle bending)
- Goolf Chakra (Ankle rotation)
- Goolf Ghoornan (Ankle crank)
- Janu Naman (Knee bending)
- Janu Chakra (Knee Crank)
- Ardha Titali Asana (Half Butterfly pose)
- Shroni Chakra (Hip rotation)
- Poorna Titali Asana (Full butterfly yoga pose)
- Mushtika Bandhana (Hand Clenching)
- Manibandha naman (Wrist bending)
- Manibandha Chakra (Wrist joint rotation)
- Kehuni Naman (Elbow bending)
- Kehuni Chakra (Elbow rotation)
- Skandha Chakra (Shoulder socket rotation)
- Greeva Sanchalana (Neck movements)
Next steps in the August 2022 Yoga Challenge
Begin the Yoga sequence, and report to us the benefits you are experiencing. It’s a great sequence especially if you have a stiff body or work on a computer for long hours.